Friday, October 19, 2007

Another purchase

Well, as intimated earlier, I had to buy some hive equipment so we could transfer the bees from the Nuc to "my equipment." So I went ahead and got a minimal set of hive parts to get started. I ordered all of the stuff from Dadant because - I like them, and they have a store in Lynchburg and I got a friend to pick the stuff up for me (i.e. free shipping). Here is what I bought:

B51101 Hive Body with Frames
Seemed like the best deal for buying just two hives. They are the standard "deep" hives with the frames - some assembly required!

F35010 10 SH. WIRED 8 1/2" X 16 3/4

These are pure wax foundations with crimped vertical wires. They come in boxes of 10.

B91101 BOTTOM BOARD STANDARD C/1

Just a standard solid bottom board. I may replace this with a screened board later.

B11101 COVER TELESCOPING METAL W/INNER COVER C/1

Combination Telescoping cover and inner cover, seemed like a reasonable deal. I am not going to be moving the hives, so the telescoping cover seemed like the right choice.

V01200SIZE DADANT COTTON/POLY ZIPPER VEIL HOODED JACKET

Well, you have got to have two sets of protection gear if you want to show anyone else what the bees are doing - so here is jacket #2.

So I called and ordered this stuff on Monday. My friend went up on Friday and picked the stuff up and returned late this evening! Looks like I will have some work to do this afternoon.

No comments: